How much does hypnotherapy cost in Australia?
One of the first questions client ask us is how much does hypnotherapy cost in Australia? You’re probably asking the same question and done a Google search to find out the answer before calling to make an appointment with a hypnotherapist.
In Brisbane the average cost of seeing a qualified and accredited hypnotherapist ranges between $150 and $300 a session. These sessions vary in time between 60 and 90 minutes depending on the hypnotherapist and an initial consultation is usually around 90 minutes.
The factors involved in the cost of hypnotherapy sessions
A number of things influence the cost of hypnotherapy session in Australia and these include:
- the experience of the hypnotherapist and how long they have been practicing
- the number of sessions required
- many clinics have different fee structures for specific treatments such as stopping smoking. The average cost of hypnosis quit
- smoking programs is around $500 in Australia and these are usually 1 or 2 sessions. At our clinic our Smoke Free program is over 2 session and the cost for both sessions is $450
- some hypnotherapists and clinics offer packages where if a number of sessions are booked and paid for in advance a discount is offered
- the clinic costs, inner-city costs may be more expensive that those in rural or regional areas
It’s important to remember that cost doesn’t necessarily related to results. Just because a particular hypnotherapist may be charging more doesn’t necessarily mean they are more experienced or have greater skills or training.
What about health fund rebates?
A number of private health funds rebate for hypnotherapy but it does depend on the fund and also the level of cover you have, we advise clients to check with their health fund if this is an important factor.
How to choose a hypnotherapist in Australia
Below is a quick checklist on what to look for when choosing a hypnotherapist in Australia:
- Check that that the hypnotherapist is a member of a regognised hypnotherapy association and preferably listed on the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia National Register of Accredited hypnotherapists. You can check the National Register for hypnotherapists near you here. Some professional associations are:The Guild of Australian Hypnotherapists (GoAH)
The Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy (AACHP)
The Professional Hypnotherapists of Australia (PHA)
These hypnotherapy associations are members of the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia and the hypnotherapists beloning to them have recognised training, undertake professional supervision and continuing professional education as well as adhering to a strict code of ethics.
- It’s a good idea to speak to the hypnotherapist by phone or in person befor commiting to making an appointment to make sure that you feel comfortable working with them. Most hypnotherapists are happy to do this and it also gives you an opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Check that your hypnotherapist has the required insurance cover such as public liability and professional indemnity as well as a Provide First Aid certificate.
At Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic – New Farm Hypnotherapy all of our hypnotherapists meet or exceed the criteria listed, are members of recognised hypnotherapy associations and adhere to a strict code of ethics and professional standards.
If you’d like to know more about our fees, how much hypnotherapy costs in Australia or have other questions, give us a call on 07 3254 1373. We’re friendly and approachable and always happy to talk,
Make an appointment online
Click on the button below to make an appointment online at a time that suits you.