A few tips for having a good therapeutic experience
How we work for your success
Getting help when you need it shouldn’t be complicated and therapy should be all about you, not about techniques and certainly not about us. Successful hypnotherapy isn’t rocket science, it’s more about relationship.
In the 20 years or so since we opened New Farm Hypnotherapy clinical hypnosis has become more and more mainstream as people have become aware of the benefits of hypnosis and; at the same time there has been a corresponding increase in the number of people advertising that they practice hypnotherapy.
As hypnotherapy and psychotherapy are self regulating professions choosing a suitable therapist can be difficult. There are many skilled and caring individuals who practice clinical hypnotherapy and this give you a wide choice, there are also recognised professional associations such as the Australian Hypnotherapists Association and the Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists both of whom can help you find a suitable therapists. Of course, everyone has a different criteria for making their choice, it may be cost, location or advertising that convinces a person to see the help of one therapist over another.
While any one of these reasons may seem compelling, selecting someone to work with shouldn’t be a random choice. Successful hypnotherapy and achieving a positive outcome outcome often takes more than making a few phone calls, below are a few things you might like to think about when seeking a hypnotherapist.
Tips for finding a suitable hypnotherapist
- Standards: Because hypnotherapy is a self regulated profession hypnotherapists are not, by law required to meet any specific national standard and the responsibility to set standard lies with professional associations such as the AHA and the ASCH. These associations set the most stringent standards in training, supervision and on-going professional development and it is probably in your best interest to choose a therapist that meets such standards. In being accepted by one of these associations hypnotherapists have agreed to abide by a code of ethics set by the association to which they belong.
- Training: Ensure that the therapist you choose has undergone adequate training. Training may be inadequate and provided more for personal development than for professional practice. Many non-qualified hypnotherapists have an interest in hypnosis and use this as a basis for treating others. While personal life experiences are valid they alone do not qualify a person for professional practice in hypnotherapy or counselling. If successful hypnotherapy is your aim, chose a qualified hypnotherapist.
- Some questions to ask: The answers to questions such as the following may help you choose a hypnotherapist.
- Does he/she abide by a recognised association’s code of conduct?
- Is he/she a financial member of a nationally recognised professional body of hypnotherapists?
- Does he/she undergo regular professional supervision and continuing professional development?
- What is the cost of sessions and are there any other costs involved”
- How long are sessions?
- Are notes taken and if so what happens to them?
- What are their qualifications and are they recognised.
Qualified professionals should not be offended by questions such as these and will be happy to answer them. If in doubt call one of the professional associations such as the AHA or ASCH or the Hypnotherapy Council of Australia.
Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic – New Farm Hypnotherapy
The team at Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic, New Farm Hypnotherapy has a common bond in training in clinical and medical hypnotherapy. All of our hypnotherapists are members of the AHA, receive regular professional supervision and undertake ongoing professional training. Although approaching therapy in a individual way each therapist is dedicated to finding the best possible outcome for clients. You can have rely in the fact that our shared expertise, experience and ongoing professional training will help you reach you goals of successful hypnotherapy.
If you need help making changes and achieving your potential, hypnotherapy is a great way of getting focused and achieving your goals. We’re friendly and approachable and can help you decide on a program that suits you perfectly.
Call us on 07 3254 1373, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below and you can start to make the changes you want.
Please contact me, I’d like to know more about hypnotherapy
New Farm Clinic Location