We specialise in sleep disorders and insomnia
Hypnotherapy for insomnia and sleep problems
The therapists at Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic have training in helping clients who suffer insomnia and other sleep difficulties and helping clients overcome insomnia has been a specialty developed at the clinic over many years.
Insomnia, broken sleep patterns or the inability to get back to sleep during the night is one of the most common reasons for clients seeking hypnotherapy. It is not unusual to have interrupted or broken sleep from time to time as stress, worry or anxiety can all cause short term sleep problems. However, if this continues and you feel that you don’t get enough sleep, or you don’t wake from sleep refreshed you may be suffering from insomnia which is a sleep disorder. People with insomnia have one or more of the following symptoms, often over a prolonged period of time:
- difficulty falling asleep;
- waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep;
- waking up too early in the morning;
- unrefreshing sleep.
Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic : some facts about insomnia
- Insomnia can cause problems during the day such as sleepiness, fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and irritability.
- Insomnia is not defined by the number of hours you sleep, the amount of sleep a person needs varies, often according to age and circumstances. While most people need between 7 and 8 hours of sleep a night, some people do well with less while others need more to function well.
- Insomnia tends to increase with age and affects about 40% of women and 30% of men. Research shows that the productivity and efficiency of long term insomnia sufferers can be reduced by as much as 30%.
How Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic helps with insomnia and why hypnotherapy promotes sleep
Hypnosis removes the obstacles to sleep while at the same time inducing brain wave patterns that promote and are conducive to falling asleep quickly and deeply. As you can see from the diagram below, regenerative good quality sleep, the kind of sleep you need to function well on an ongoing daily basis, occurs when your brain wave activity slows to delta.
Hypnosis will train your mind to access this pattern of brain wave activity more easily and quickly and because this transition occurs smoothly and effortlessly good quality sleep is maintained for longer periods of time. Using hypnosis will enable you to regain healthy and normal sleep cycles.
The Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic Deep Sleep hypnotherapy program
The Deep Sleep program is designed to not only ensure that you can get to sleep in a natural way, it will also give you the ability to get back to sleep quickly should you awaken during the night. Using hypnotherapy, counselling and cognitive-behavioural therapy your therapist will help you to:
- deal with any issues such as stress or anxiety that prevent you from drifting to sleep;
- teach you self-hypnosis techniques that will allow you to quickly access Theta brain wave activity so that you will access natural Delta sleep patterns and enjoy restorative sleep;
- teach you unique ways of getting back to sleep should you awaken.
Generally clients need 3 – 4 sessions to derive the maximum benefit from hypnotherapy for insomnia although many clients notice significant improvement after their first session. Hypnosis CDs / Audios are also used between sessions to reinforce the trancework that has been done.
Hypnotherapy is a completely natural and safe way to restore normal, healthy sleep patterns and has the advantage of being drug free. To make an appointment to overcome insomnia using hypnosis simply call Brisbane Hypnosis Clinic on 07 3254 1373, complete the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know?
We use these hypnosis audio programs with all of our clinical clients. They reinforce the work achieve in a session and also minimise the number of sessions that many clients need. People who use the CDs regularly see more rapid results that those who don’t make the time
New Farm Clinic Location
Get in touch about hypnosis and insomnia
If you have questions or would like more information about how hypnosis can help you overcome insomnia and enjoy restful sleep, please call us on 07 3254 1373, or simply fill in the form below.