We specialise in helping clients with IBS
Hypnotherapy for irritable bowel syndrome
What is Irritable Bower Syndrome?
As sufferers know, IBS is a chronic but manageable illness the symptoms of which have a severe and negative impact on quality of life. The condition is common in Australia and it is estimated that IBS accounts for around 50% of consultations with gastroenterologists. IBS cannot be treated effectively with medication although this may be used to relieve some symptoms.
Irritable bowel syndrome is characterised by abdominal pain, bloating and alternating constipation and diarrhoea. The cause is unknown, but environmental factors – such as changes of routine, emotional stress, infection and diet – can trigger an attack.
Hypnosis and IBS
Hypnosis is one of several approaches to treating irritable bowel syndrome and has significant advantages which makes it an attractive option for many IBS sufferers with chronic and severe symptoms. These include:
- Hypnosis is one of the most successful treatment approaches for IBS, particularly chronic IBS. Positive outcome to treatment is 80% or higher in most published studies to date. This approach was pioneered in the UK and is now being used around the world
- Hypnotherapy often helps individuals who have not seen improvement using other methods
- It is a uniquely comfortable form of treatment; relaxing, easy and generally enjoyable
- Hypnosis uses the healing ability of the mind and therefore is in the patient’s control
- Hypnosis has no negative side effects and is extremely cost effective when compared to other treatment options
- Treating IBS using hypnosis has the added benefit of reducing stress together with a dramatic reduction of IBS symptoms
- The beneficial effects of the treatment last long after the end of the course of treatment. According to research, individuals who improve from hypnosis treatment for IBS can look forward to years of reduced symptoms.
Did you know?
We use these hypnosis audio programs with all of our clinical clients. They reinforce the work achieve in a session and also minimise the number of sessions that many clients need. People who use the CDs regularly see more rapid results that those who don’t make the time.
Get in touch and learn more
If you have questions or would like more information about how we can help you achieve your goals or make the changes you’d like to, please call us on 07 3254 1373, email [email protected] or simply fill in the form below.